Starting New

One fine day, it will be your turn. You will leave friends, lovers, and possibilities for the chance to roam the world and make deeper connections. You will defy your fear of change, hold your head high and do what you once thought was unthinkable: walk away. And it will be scary. At first. But what I hope you'll find in the end is that in leaving, you don't just find love, adventure, or freedom. More than that, you find you.

Not quite a long time ago before I left Indonesia, a friend of mine showed that quote on a link to my usual garden of inspiration, Pinterest. I love how I instantly bewitched by how powerful it is and how easily I can relate it with my current circumstances. This is also one of the reasons that there's no way I could turn my way back because heck yeah, I'm moving forward to whatever that I've been dreaming of and even my wildest, ferocious fears never going to make me step backward.

Everyone both inside and outside my inner circle knows that I'm about to pursue something bigger in the land where creativity collides with the hustling and bustling of the metropolitan; where both the glamour lives of the royals were on the same pages of the rising numbers of poverty in newspapers; the melting-pot, the potpourri of the Britain; where the cultures collide signified by the constant vibrant smell of either Basmati rice or freshly fried fish and chips at the local market. It just made my heart race so fast every time I remember how I did anticipate the D-day to come.

And when the day finally came, I knew this will be a new chapter of my life epoch. Or perhaps an entire coming-of-age book where the main character learned something that made them a lot better person than before; or maybe when they find themselves and their purposes between the lines. Yeah, this will be a great adventure to come.

Fast forward to the next 14 days since my arrival, it still feels amazing to think how these past two weeks had made me feel. It was all emotions that I can ever feel in my life, jam packed into the said period. From the time I saw the river Thames with all of its members (talk about London Eye, the currently refurbished Big Ben, Tower Bridge, and many others) for the second time since last summer from my plane's seat; to the havoc I caused on my first time Uber experience here, making myself standing in a snow storm for several hours; a story that I'll save for later.

Just as I said, there will be more stories about my journeys coming soon, and I'll be staying as faithful as possible to this blog which actually could be a little bit more difficult after the semester is starting (#gradschoolproblem). But hey, I'll be making this one of my commitments in 2018 as a part of making and capturing every single memories.

A book about CN finding herself in this journey, I guess? 


Wishing you an epic 2018. And an epic life.
London, December 28, 2017

4 comments

  1. I am so excited for you!! :-D

    I've spent a couple years reading about your infatuation of The Beatles and now you're living in their country, ready to embark into many more dreams turning into reality and although I do not know you personally, I feel so happy for you! I wish you the very best luck for this new adventure! <3

    Love,
    Theo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Theo!
      Thank you so so so much for your support! I didn't expect to have someone reading my blog for years. <3 <3 <3 I'll do my best for this whole journey! :}

      Love,
      Novreica

      Delete
  2. Sounds awesome. I hope you have a wonderful new year.
    https://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Shout it out loud!