Departing to Hogwarts


Another one (and hopefully) serving as the finale of my British Summer Days travel journal. I've been having such a wonderful times retelling some of my travel highlights for my first time ever in Great Britain.

I had the best days ever in my life to be literally super honest. :}

And now I'm crying because I can't wait for another visit. :'(

You might ever notice in my earlier post about my mere motivation coming to the UK for the first time is because I am preparing for my higher study in London next spring. Even though I still have plenty of months doing some house renting jobs and adapting myself to the new city, I really, really can't help but having a trip this summer.


One early morning, I took a walk with my mum toward King's Cross Station. I've been longing to visit King's Cross just because... Harry Potter (again and again and again, haha! Seriously Harry Potter shaped 100% of my childhood). It's the place where the famous Platform 9 3/4 were located; the place where Hogwarts Express will take you to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

Rumour has it that JK Rowling's parents met while they were on their train to Scotland. Hence, the sole reason why she chose the station for the Hogwarts students to embark for their study. And oh my, how I can relate myself with The King's Cross Station. I tried to walk to my (future) campus, and it took me around 15 minutes walking via King's Cross. :'(

I don't know. I felt like being a future Hogwarts student, but it will be on next January and I'll be going to Central Saint Martins rather than the real Hogwarts. Still, I never stop believing that someday my Hogwarts acceptance letter will come. Haha!

Anyway, do you have any studying abroad (especially in London) stories? Please let me know! :}

You find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford. –Samuel Johnson
See you in a few months for some another exciting adventures, London! (and hopefully, all across the UK, or even Europe?)

15 comments

  1. Batanya beneran bagus ce :o #nosarcasm

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always hard parting away from your trip! London looks super neat and I love the architecture of their buildings! Glad to see you enjoying your time out there :). This makes me want to go book a trip to experience some amazing scenery out there XD.

    https://exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, London is totally awesome! I can't wait for finally settling my life there soon! <3

      Delete
  3. Aw, I loved reading this! It's evident how much you love Harry Potter :) I studied in London - but it wasn't abroad for me as I also was born in London and grew up here. I think London is a great place to be a student though - there are so many activities and things to do that constantly change around the capital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear about that! I can't wait for it! <3

      Delete
  4. How exciting that you'll be studying in London!! You're going to have such a blast living there. I'm jealous! I have to admit something....... I've never watched or read any Harry Potter movies or books! Ahhhh! Everyone gets so mad at me for that, haha. I promised a friend of mine that I'd have a Harry Potter movie marathon with her soon, though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really have the Harry Potter marathon soon so we can fangirl together! xD Haha!

      Delete
  5. Aaaaaaah... aku juga mau pepotoan di Platform 9 3/4... T.T
    I wish I had my London trip story too on my blog, but... tiket promo tak kunjung datang, mamak :'( #AnaknyaPromoBanget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harus sering berburu tiket murah juga nih, hehehe. :')

      Delete
  6. Can I just say I think I am in love with your bangs <3 lovely photos!!!

    Tienne - www.foregathers.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to admit I'm a little jealous. I wish I did some studying (even just for one semester) abroad! I'm sure you'll have a great time, and London looks lovely from your photos. <3 xx, Richel V.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your amazing post, the pictures are gorgeous, thank you for sharing, cannot wait for the next post!!!

    xxx

    www.modelonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I wonder where was my childhood going since I never really watched Harry Potter :( hahahaha :)) Well, seems like you enjoyed your summer trip there and I just can support you for your study, hope we can meet someday when I take a trip to London! You go girl! <3

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO BLOG|
    |FACEBOOK| |INSTAGRAM|

    ReplyDelete

Shout it out loud!