(An Updated) 15 Facts About Me


Hello bloggers, readers, and stalkers! I'm so happy to announce that I'm currently in a blissful mood to write something more in this blog. Plus, Janice tagged me in this wonderful 15 facts challenge, so let's give a try on it!

The last time I wrote facts about myself, it was probably 3 years ago when everyone suddenly tagged me in their Instagram posts to let me know that I should really write my own facts. I think it was 20 facts about me challenge. I remember posting a pencil and marker drawing of myself that didn't even resembling my face. And then, I scribbled a big "Novreica" on it, scanned it, and then posted it. The original drawing ended up being in my Starbucks tumbler that I rarely use.



Okay enough with it, let's start with my updated 15 facts about CN!


  • I'm an melancholic-phlegmatic based on the proto-psychological theory of four temperaments. For my Myers-Briggs 16 personality type, I am an INTJ (Introverted-Intuitive-Thinking-Judging). 




Let's start the most obvious, basic fact about me.  Being melancholic and phlegmatic at the same time can be confusing, due to its nature of polarity, but it happens on me. For example, I could be the most perfectionist person ever which is a melancholic trait, but on the different time, I could be the most ignorant, laid-back person you could ever imagined that is a phlegmatic person. I am a walking paradox, to be honest.

I am extremely introverted by the time I enter university. I spent most of my free time doing things at home e.g. reading, binge-watching television shows, and drawing. Somehow I'm more of extroverted right now, but I still listed as an introvert in a smaller spectrum. The other points are quite obvious, and I think I don't need any further explanation on it. Some other interesting point is my MBTI could change into INFJ whenever I feel super baper. It's somehow funny.

By the way, I made a Pinterest board that consists of anything that describe my personality. Check it out here. Yes, I love how Pinterest could echo my inner INTJ minds. Sounds Pinteresting (intended pun).


  • I dearly love books from the moment I touch one. 


I solemnly swear on this point. I can point out that my first book is also my first magazine, which is Bobo that children magazine. I can remember being excited every Thursday because it was the day an issue of Bobo will be delivered to my home. My first comic book was of course the beloved Doraemon. I still remember I start reading from volume 44, which is almost to the end of the series, and then continue to read it in random order. My first novel is Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice that I got from a thrift shop in Singapore, which I grew my love on British literature from it. Then, it grew to Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of The Rings, and so many others!

Check out my reading list in my most beloved reading tracking platform, Goodreads, here!

  • I honestly never intend to be a graphic designer.


When I was a kid, I could only imagine myself being a comic artist, or somehow an avant-garde artist. I am really bad on designing a decent visual until the time I actually learn to do it back 4 years ago. For now, I could only bear graphic design will be a freelance, part time job. I am more of a full time illustrator and somehow an artist experimenting with everything in her life. Haha!

My friend once asked me  about what other majors that I will take beside graphic design. My answers were: English literature (or maybe French literature/ Japanese literature/ whatever that is still literature), Psychology, or maybe Archeology.


  •  I wish I was born in the time the Fab Four was here. 


My fondness to The Beatles grew the first time my father let me listen to his CDs and cassettes collection when I was 3 years old. I fell in love with "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" respectively. However, I start to put The Beatles on the top of my priority when I was in high school. I started to watch their films in a row, read everything about John, Paul, George, and Ringo, and use them as references for drawing practices.

Yes, I wish I was a 60s mod girl in London. Probably a massive Beatlemania, organising fan club meet ups, attending gigs, and chasing The Fab Four. Haha. Well, living in London probably the most amazing part, actually.


  • I have a deep connection with London.

A comic I made when I was around 8 or 9. Yes, I did this.

Although I really want to keep this as a secret until the time comes, but I just can't help it: I'm going to spend this summer in London. This year. Like, finally.

Whether it was based on my interests and love with The Beatles or Sherlock Holmes or Harry Potter, there's always this fondness to the capital of the United Kingdom. Or maybe, my dad once told me a lot of stories from his time spent in London. Or maybe, how my pursuit on arts and design brings me to London, a place known for its fast growing aesthetic hub.

  • I had selective mutism when I was a kid.

To be frank, I still having a lot of anxieties (mostly social, hehe) up to this day, and I'm learning to cope with it. Probably the most notable form of anxiety that I really suffering from in my childhood is selective mutism, the condition where I can't communicate effectively in a certain situation, for instance, school. I remember I chose not to talk to anybody in school, but I will talk when I was in a much comfortable situation like my home.

Most people thought I was too shy, or even mute (yes, that mute), but I feel I was so badass, because I chose not to talk or give a damn to people. Hahaha. It eventually cured once I was in elementary school, and even much more better up to this day. To be honest, I am so much more confident at this very second than I was as a kid.

  • I still write letters.


What I really mean is, a fresh, handwritten letters, sent via post. I am a fond member of snail mailing community ever since a year ago, when I finally decided to spare my time to write letters. What I really love from snail mailing is how I could properly use my hand to... write. I am a journal writer, and also an illustrator, so it's no wonder I really love to use my hand for such purpose. Beside, who doesn't love to read something written in cursive? I currently having two active penpals: one from Canada, and one from Poland. I am so fascinated with them.

Yes, let's be snail mail penpal! Do contact me if you want to!

  • One thing that's pretty obvious: I'm a retrophile.


It's clearly written on my blog title before I changed it into the new "Eonian Eunoia". Luthfi Hasan of Jakarta Vintage said that by living vintage means that you're giving a chance to love the items, and let yourself live in a slower pace of life. I think that every objects contain memories in it, and you can actually retrieve it by carefully analyse it. I love that feeling of nostalgia of old things; or some new informations I got from seeing a retro object.

What exactly the things that I collect? It's fundamentally everything. Books, records, photographs, to my great-grandmother's diary. They're such a gem!


  • I'm obsessed with Wes Anderson and everything inside his films.


My very first Wes Anderson film is of course the very whimsical Moonrise Kingdom which I accidentally found while searching for something to binge-watch in a summer of 2013. Moonrise Kingdom was something I've never watch before, to be very honest. I swear that in that very moment, my taste of films and maybe everything changed. I even purchased a book called "The Wes Anderson Collection" in order to get to know his works, and everything that inspired him. And, of course, purchasing "The Wes Anderson Collection: The Grand Budapest Hotel" right after the film came out. Sigh.

What's your favourite Wes Anderson character? I, of course, love Suzy Bishop.

  • My future home will be the one with a library.


Imagine yourself living in a castle with a gigantic library like the one they have in Beauty and The Beast... Okay I admit I just had a post-film delusional problem, so please ignore my weird behaviour, haha! Seriously, I would totally LOVE to spend the rest of my day lingering in the library, or bringing my introversion to the maximum threshold by reading all day long in the library. And, wouldn't is be nice if I allow teas and cookies inside the library? Tee-hee!

  • (but it's actually #10.5): Build me a library and I'll marry you.

I don't know if I should explain this further, but hey, you did get my signal, dear guys?! *wink*


  •  I want to be a polyglot. Soon.


I learned French when I was an eleventh grader and got stuck in some difficult words and lacking of extra spare time due to me being too busy (on school works, which I never really use today). I really really really want to continue my learning process soon. I also learned basic Javanese script and kromo inggil when I was in my final project semester. I haven't really excel everything in learning new languages, but I'm working on it.

Some other languages I'm dying to learn are: 1) Japanese. The reason why is to chat with my Japanese friend I met since a year ago. Haha! And, for further future visits to Japan, maybe? 2) Dutch. Some of my antique book collections are written in Dutch. It would be awesome if I could actually understand what's really written in that book rather than asking someone on the internet for translation, which I always did. 3) Esperanto. Not actually an official language of a country, but it's a constructed auxiliary language. I found this language to be convenient for people who don't share the same first language.

Do any of you are currently or maybe fluent in these languages? I would love to hear!

  • What else beside London?

I could literally write 23456789098765 words just to describe places I really want to go next. But if I really have to pick five countries I really, really want to visit beside London, that would be: 1) Iceland, 2) Bhutan, 3) DPRK (I'm being serious, hahaha!), 4) Iran, and 5) New Zealand. Plus, wouldn't be nice if I really could explore each of Indonesia's islands?

  • I live in Hayao Miyazaki's life values

There are videos on Youtube that explains all of his life values that you can watch here and here. I was introduced with Studio Ghibli when I was a fourth grader. I remember watching Spirited Away for the first time in 2004 and I fell in love with its beauty of storytelling. Since then, I (again) binge-watch every single Studio Ghibli films that I could found.

By the way, Studio Ghibli's films are currently being screened in Indonesia! Have you watched Spirited Away?

  • "She decided to start living the life she imagined. She believed she could so she did... And she replaced the fear of unknown with curiosity. She looked around, and life is pretty amazing."
––

Thank you for reading up to this very point! I hope by reading this, you'll get a glimpse of CN, the weirdest INTJ you'll ever see, haha! Well, for the next participant, I would love to challenge Balen my teman sepergaulan-sepergalauan, AdelNerissa, Patty, and everyone who just read this! Happy writing, and let me know if you've write your own facts!

You've reached this far, so congratulation! Here's a photo taken for my Hogwarts' senior yearbook. Haha!


6 comments

  1. Dear!!! You're such an amazing girl tht you should marry Prince Adam a.k.a Beast. Really he loves book that much. Okay sorry for being so dreamy. Hahhaha. Btw, i'm an absolute ISFJ :) 4 times took test, and still isfj. Still need to discover the 4th type psychological.

    Really, i love reading yours too. Such an amazing one. I can guarantee, tht 'he' will be the luckiest one to have you in the future. Cause you're one of a kind ;) keep being you and embrace your amazing self.

    Hoping one day you'll take a step on Abbey Road <3 have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaa Janice! It's okay to be a dreamer!! I dream a lot too! xD Awww such a nice thing for you to say! Aaaa one day I'll meet someone who'll cope with my reading (and Harry Potter obsession)!

      Amen for stepping on Abbey Road Crossing soon! <3

      Delete
  2. Sesama INTJ yayy! Aku juga suka banget baca buku dan berharap rumahku di masa depan ada perpustakaannya yang gede :D Paling suka buku genre apa kak? Kalo aku suka baca2 buku sci-fi^^

    kaniarda.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaa! Aku paling senang kalau bisa ketemu sesama INTJ, secara INTJ itu populasinya dikit yah apalagi yang perempuan! :p
      Hihi aku paling suka genre fantasy sama historical fiction. Gabisa berhenti baca kalu udah baca jenis-jenis itu deh! Hahaha xD

      Delete

Shout it out loud!