Farewell, Professor!


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, 11th March 2015. We, designers, were shocked and in a total devastation to hear about one of our inspirations' passing, Prof. Drs. Yongky Safanayong, in the age of 64 years old. The professor had been ill for several months.

Pak Yongky was my studio lecturer when I was in my third semester. Although he often being absent in his lecture due to his illness, he taught me a lot of important and valuable lessons, not only about design, but also about life. One of the most remarkable lessons I learned from him is to always endeavor and learn something new, with no age limitation. I remember he always said to us while teaching that he always wanted to learn more about calligraphy in the future, regardless the time that maybe he had. Well. He's such a hard worker.

He's one of many people in this world that I really adore. I am very lucky to know him personally, and learned lots of things from his own experience. Here's a message from Pak Yongky in an interview for all designers. This successfully made me broke in tears. 



_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rest in peace, Pak Yongky. Until we meet again.

"We shouldn't look for stability. We must keep on going and growing until the day we die."
-Yongky Safanayong

No comments

Shout it out loud!