Shopping Spree at Shibuya and Harajuku

Day 4
Locations: Shibuya and Harajuku, Tokyo

 _______________________________________________________________________________

The very next destination I took after visiting the books heaven in Tokyo was the shopping heaven for people of Tokyo, Shibuya and Harajuku. These both districts are neighbors because they are placed next to each other so it was easier to reach these two locations with local train. First, I went to Shibuya, a place known for its lights and crowds and shopping spree. There were lots of tourists the time I arrived at this place. 


Me in front of the famous Shibuya crossing. Indeed, it was really crowded.


One of many main interests in Shibuya is this Hachiko Statue. Hachiko is a well-known story from Japan about a loyal dog who waits for his master even years after his death. This statue was made on the spot where Hachiko stays to wait for his master to come home.


Another interesting spot in Shibuya is this Shibuya 109. I remembered this place appeared in many mangas I read and also animes I watched. Well, I took a look in the inside and it was just an ordinary shopping place.

_______________________________________________________________________________

After I took some strolls around Shibuya I decided it was time to move on to Harajuku. It took me only one station from Shibuya to go to Harajuku. The first thing I saw in Harajuku was a long, crowded street named Takeshita Street. Yes, you can see below that Takeshita street is a famous shopping district that sells mostly a lot of fashionable stuffs. There are lots of food shops in this area and it seems crepes are the most famous food you can try here. Too bad I can't take a picture of those pretty crepes store because most of the shops in Harajuku doesn't allow photographs. :(


Well, that's all for Shibuya and Harajuku. Please stay tune for another post about my trip in Japan! See ya!

No comments

Shout it out loud!