Traveling with Shinkansen and a Glimpse of Akihabara

Day 3
Locations: Across East Japan and Akihabara, Tokyo


 _______________________________________________________________________________

Another first time experience I had while having my trip in Japan: Travelled from Osaka to Tokyo via the fastest bullet train in world, Shinkansen! Although Shinkansen ticket cost much more than regular train and even an airplane ticket, but it was easier to reserve a ticket because you can even get it the day you traveling with the train, even few minutes before the train departs! (Just like I did that day, hehe.)

Before I get on the train, I bought some foods and drinks to enjoy while I have my 2 hours and 30 minutes journey. Yes, it is allowed to bring your own foods and drinks to the train, but the train will offers you some varieties of snacks and drinks on the board though. The train was quite cozy and I am so lucky to have a seat next to the window!

_______________________________________________________________________________

The second time I saw snow was when the train were passing Kyoto prefecture. It was suddenly snowing and the land turned white. It was beautiful. I couldn't stop looking outside the window and taking some photos of it. Here are some beautiful shots I took. Sigh. I wish I could stop for a while and grab a handful of snow and build a snowman or yeah, do things with snow, haha! (Every people living in a tropical country's dream, maybe?)




Snow! Argh! Too happy!
_______________________________________________________________________________

Before arriving at Tokyo, I also had a chance to view the most majestic yet sacred mountain of Fuji. The mountain is very easy to recognize for its icy summit and it's literally taller than the other mountains surrounding it. I almost had no hope for seeing this beautiful view but I guess the Shinkansen trip was some kind of serendipity, eh? 


_______________________________________________________________________________

After spending 2 and a half hour on Shinkansen, I finally arrived in Tokyo! Tokyo is much more crowded and hectic than Osaka and it was almost 3 PM. I decided to go to Akihabara first, because I booked a hotel near the district. Akihabara is known as Tokyo's electronic city and it's full of gadgets and stuffs related to the technology, and pop cultures such as anime. This district is also known worldwide for its fancy cafes and restaurant. Yeah, I saw a lot of girls dressed up as french maids and guys dressed up as butlers to promote a local cafe.




After spending some time walking around the district, I decided to call it a day. We headed to the nearby hotel and took some rest. Stay tune for another post about my Japan trip, and for the next post, I will show you some hot and popular spots around Tokyo! See ya!

2 comments

Shout it out loud!